Weekly Wrap-up 12-16 September

We have had another fantastic week of school. The students were busy with a guest speaker, reseraching inquiry questions, Dot Day and assembly.

Next week we are looking forward to celebrating Peace One Day on Wednesday. It is also our last week of school before the Pchum Ben Holiday.

Dot Day
This week we celebrated International Dot Day. Dot Day is a day to celebrate creativity, courage and collaboration. We combined with Ms Dana in Art and Ms Rachel in the Knowledge Centre to celebrate this at ISPP.



Art
On Monday we went to the Art Room to create some Dot Day art with Ms Dana. We took a Grade 2 photo with our Art on Thursday and the art work will be on display in the Knowledge Centre.



Knowledge Centre
In the Knowledge Centre Ms Rachel explained Dot Day and the author, Peter Reynolds. We sang the Dot Day song and checked out the live Twitter Feed at #DotDay2016


Classroom
In the classroom we used the Quivervision App to create our own 3D augmented reality dots.



We also designed our own Dot Day cookies with icing. Made bubble blowing prints and completed some Math related activities.



Dentist Visit

On Monday we had Dr Ana and Angela from the European Dental Clinic visit Grade 2. They spoke to us about the importance of good dental hygiene and how to look after our teeth.

Students reflected on the visit, here are some of their reflections:
  • I am really proud of myself for brushing my teeth good and long. - Naomi
  • A question I still have is if your tooth gets stuck in your bone or your gum does it mean you have to take it out and stitch your gum or get braces? - Alethea
  • I am still wondering about my teeth because when it is night time I always feel my teeth, when I feel them they feel wobbly. - Jeslyn
  • I understand teeth need to be brushed carefully on the top and bottom. - Helmi
  • I will never forget to brush my teeth. - Visal
  • One of the things that surprised me was that you brush your tongue. - Anna
  • I would like to find out more about how the adult teeth push the baby teeth. - Jamie
  • I now understand how to stop cavities. - Jona
  • Something I could explain to someone else is how to brush teeth. - Eito
  • A question I still have is I wonder if people sometimes never brush their teeth and what happens? - Itzia


Math
We continued our exploration into numbers this week. We revisited skip counting by 2s, 5s and 10s, looked for number patterns on hundreds charts and completed number patterns. As well as skip counting we looked at some addition strategies and place value.




Mathletics
The students are definitely enjoying Mathletics. Congratulations to Sammy for being in the Top 3 in Asia this week and to the class for making the Top 50 in Asia.




This morning Anna and Phallyka were welcomed to ISPP by Mr Barry at the elementary assembly.


I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend. 

Comments