Weekly wrap - up
Our first full week of school was a lot of fun. The students have continued to settle into Grade 2 and we welcomed Elsa back from Holidays and welcomed Alethea to our class.
Our intentions for the week
On Monday morning we talked about having a focus for our learning this week. Each student chose a word that described what they were going to try and do this week. These were displayed in the classroom as a reminder during the week for the students.
On Friday we reflected on how we went this week.
Student Reflections:
On Monday we completed the Marshmallow Challenge. Our focus for the challenge was cooperation. Afterwards we discussed the positives and negatives we experienced while completing the challenge and how we could have overcome these.
School walk
We went for a walk around the school on Wednesday. While we were walking the students recorded what they saw, heard and felt. With this information students completed a recount piece of writing. Some students chose to type this in a Google Doc.
Best Learning
We spent some time on Wednesday looking at how we can best learn in the classroom. The students came up with some fantastic ideas.
Grade 2 Flag wreath
A sneak peak at a whole Grade 2 wreath we are in the process of making.
Art Essential Elements
All the students in elementary came up with these essential agreements for Art this year. You can follow the Art blog here.
Our intentions for the week
On Monday morning we talked about having a focus for our learning this week. Each student chose a word that described what they were going to try and do this week. These were displayed in the classroom as a reminder during the week for the students.
On Friday we reflected on how we went this week.
Student Reflections:
- "I am really proud of myself because I have been a risk - taker. I have been a risk-taker because I raise my hand a lot". - Itzia
- "I am really proud of myself because I worked very hard and listened to everybody". Eito
- "I am really proud being happy all the week! Now I need to be happy for another week". Jona
- "I am really proud of making new friends". - James
- "I am really proud of myself because I worked really hard". - Sammy
- "I am really proud of being calm". - Nak
- "I am really proud of myself because I was brave at school. Now I need to be a risk-taker". - Arisa
- I am really proud because I did good things when working and listening, reading books, writing and using full stops". - Visal
- "I am really proud of myself because I worked very hard and I concentrated on my work". - Panha
On Monday we completed the Marshmallow Challenge. Our focus for the challenge was cooperation. Afterwards we discussed the positives and negatives we experienced while completing the challenge and how we could have overcome these.
School walk
We went for a walk around the school on Wednesday. While we were walking the students recorded what they saw, heard and felt. With this information students completed a recount piece of writing. Some students chose to type this in a Google Doc.
Best Learning
We spent some time on Wednesday looking at how we can best learn in the classroom. The students came up with some fantastic ideas.
Grade 2 Flag wreath
A sneak peak at a whole Grade 2 wreath we are in the process of making.
Art Essential Elements
All the students in elementary came up with these essential agreements for Art this year. You can follow the Art blog here.
















Comments
Post a Comment