Guest Speakers
Last Friday afternoon we were very lucky. Tara, Ben's Mum, came to play the cello to us. She spoke to us about the cello, the different sounds it can make and what inspired her learn to play the it.
What we learnt:
"I learnt that bow is made out of horse hair". George
" I listened to her and she said that 800 years ago there wasn't any cars. There were horses so that is why the bow is made from horse hair". Alex
"I learnt that the cello is made out of wood". Nicole
"I remember she said that you use rosin to help make the sound louder, the wax sticks to the strings". Taylor
"I learnt that the cello is very old". Joshua
"I learnt that on a aeroplane a cello must have its own seat"! Eliza
"She said she started with a violin but she moved on to a cello, she changed because she liked the sound of a cello when she was playing in an orchestra". Jodie
Today James, Ms Anita's husband, came to speak to us about the guitar and song writing. He sang a song and showed us a video of a song he wrote on holidays with his son. He spoke about the programme Garage Band and how he uses it to make demos.
What we learnt:
"How we make our own songs". Giulia
"If we don't have a teacher we can just use any instruments to make our own song". Jasmene
"I learnt about how to use a pick on the guitar and it can make other sounds". Maly
"When we make a sound we can have our own perspective". Eliza
What we learnt:
"I learnt that bow is made out of horse hair". George
" I listened to her and she said that 800 years ago there wasn't any cars. There were horses so that is why the bow is made from horse hair". Alex
"I learnt that the cello is made out of wood". Nicole
"I remember she said that you use rosin to help make the sound louder, the wax sticks to the strings". Taylor
"I learnt that the cello is very old". Joshua
"I learnt that on a aeroplane a cello must have its own seat"! Eliza
"She said she started with a violin but she moved on to a cello, she changed because she liked the sound of a cello when she was playing in an orchestra". Jodie
Today James, Ms Anita's husband, came to speak to us about the guitar and song writing. He sang a song and showed us a video of a song he wrote on holidays with his son. He spoke about the programme Garage Band and how he uses it to make demos.
What we learnt:
"How we make our own songs". Giulia
"If we don't have a teacher we can just use any instruments to make our own song". Jasmene
"I learnt about how to use a pick on the guitar and it can make other sounds". Maly
"When we make a sound we can have our own perspective". Eliza


Comments
Post a Comment